TACTICAL WORK LISTING: List all tactical work for which this position is accountable.
1. Must have completed an aide training program through 75 classroom hours and 16 hours of supervised practical training, including the following subjects:
communication skills, observation, reporting, documentation of patient status and care or service provided, reading and recording temperature, pulse and respiration, basic infection control procedures, basic elements of body functioning and changes in function that must be reported to a home health aide’s supervisor, maintenance of a clean, safe and healthy environment, recognizing emergencies and knowledge of emergency procedures, physical, emotional and developmental needs of the populations serviced by the Agency, techniques in providing personal hygiene and grooming, activities of daily living, transfer techniques, range of motion and positioning, nutrition and fluid intake and patient rights
2. Consistently demonstrates professionalism through appearance, performance and communication.
3. Current CPR, state drivers license and automobile insurance.
4. Demonstrates safe competencies to provide care to patients of all ages, respecting patient rights.
5. Ability to perform tasks of lifting, bending, providing support and stretching.
6. Ability to use a variety of equipment, beds, chairs and other accommodations in the patient’s residence.
7. Observes decline or changes in patient condition to the RN/therapist as often as needed.
8. Maintains confidentiality of patient assessments and medical records.
9. Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with the patient/family.
10. Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with other members of the health care team and Agency staff.
11. Attend Case Conference and makes referrals to other disciplines, as indicated by the needs of the patient.
12 Consistently adheres to standard precautions, transmission precautions, aseptic techniques and infection control
13. Understands and complies with supervision that must occur every 14 days by RN/Therapist
STANDARDS: List quantify, quality and behavior standards for which this position is accountable.
- Communicate with RN/Therapist on a regular basis
- Meet with Director of Patient Services on a regular basis.
Attend Case Conference and other required inservices as required